Working on the bathroom these past two weekends has led to quite a bit of day dreaming. Below are a few things that caused my mind to lose focus on the task at hand:
- One time I looked at the tub and it reminded me of an old episode of “Get a Life” (circa 1991) with Chris Elliot. In the episode he purchased a mail order, build it yourself, submarine. He built the submarine in his tub and somehow filled the entire shower (without it every leaking) with water. The problem was he got stuck in the submarine and nearly suffocated to death. Moral of the story, don’t buy a build it yourself submarine. So I already know my answer should my child want to buy his/her own sub.
- I was so tired last night and all I wanted to do was cuddle up with my wife to remind me why I spend my weekends working on the house. To my disappointment I was told to stay away. Luckily she fell asleep and I was able to hold her hand for a few minutes before she realized and grumbled at me incoherently while pulling her hand away.
- Yesterday Kate got motivated to bring all the Christmas decorations down from the attic. I wish she would have been motivated to put the decorations out so I could put the boxes back up into the attic. Our kitchen is way too cluttered right now.
- It is hard to believe that during this time next year I’ll have a baby that is almost 6 months old.
- At no point in the baby naming process has Kate completely shot down the idea of giving a potential boy the middle name Knight. This is extremely promising for my chances of getting her to go agree with this brilliant middle name.
- I’m already preparing myself for having to answering such questions as:
Why does Uncle Anthony stay in his bedroom all day?
Why does Uncle Greg live in the smelly basement?
Why does Banana Nana (Kate’s mom) worry about foolish things? - I can’t wait until we get out Christmas tree. It makes the entire house so much more festive.
- A card night with the boys this Friday night might be just what the doctor ordered for my psyche. I feel like I’m getting away from certain things far too early. I understand I’m going to have to give these things up after the baby is born so I should get my fill now while I still can.