
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Random Grumblings
What’s the whole process going to be like? Am I going to be a good father? Do I have to get up in the middle of the night with Kate when the baby is fussing and needs to be fed? It’s not like I can feed the baby. Last I checked I’m unable to breast feed (but I’ll check again). While I figure out the answers to the questions above, here are some other things floating aimlessly through my empty melon:
- Kate’s boobs are getting bigger every single day!
- Watching the baby move around and watching the baby’s little heart beat during the ultrasound was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. It’s like there is an alien inside Kate.
- Every day I think Kate looks better and better and every day she thinks she looks worse and worse. Why are girls this way?
- Choosing the name for the baby is going to be a long and agonizing journey. But it’s one of those battles I am going to take on. The world needs more boys named Suge, Seabass, or Prince. And more girls named Sophia Marie.
- I hope another married couple that we hang out with gets started making babies. It would be fun to go through this experience with others. And to have children the same age.
- Is Kate’s mom going to try to move in with us after the baby is born? If so it’s okay because we have the nicest shed on the block. I’ll even run electric to it for her. Just kidding…………………..she doesn’t need electric.
- Will my fantasy football team lose its hold as the most successful franchise in FHFL history (.631 winning % in 4+ seasons) because this baby is arriving during the time I usually prep for the draft? Wait a minute! ............ Oh my god I’m a nerd!!!
- I’m pretty sure that if we have a little girl she wouldn’t have me wrapped around her little finger like some people think.
Big Poppa, 1:42 PM
I hope Andrew reads your blog.
I know I'll have to get up. I'm strangly looking forward to it. Maybe I can give Kate foot massages while she is feeding. Or maybe I can cook for her some breakfast to keep her going.