Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Beef Jerky and Chocolate Covered Cherries

I want to start by saying I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and may everyone also have a great and healthy new year. Also, I want to apologize if I offended anyone with any previous or future posts. Kate has notified me that my thoughts are regularily offensive. But don't worry loyal readers, I will continue to post all my thoughts whether or not Kate thinks they're offensive.

  • It’s not officially Christmas until my mom gets me a bag of beef jerky and a box of chocolate covered cherries. I think I’ve received these in my xmas stocking for the past 15 years. And yes, I still get a stocking from my mom!
  • We received some baby outfits and small toys for Christmas and this fueled my impatience for the baby’s arrival. Only 167 days or so left. 167! Hurry up Baby Big Head, Daddy’s waitin’.
  • Christmas night we got home the same time our neighbors across the street did. They had they’re first child two and a half months ago. We were able to go over and see the little guy. He was pretty damn cute. And quiet as can be. So as you can imagine this also added fuel to my impatience.
  • We have an appointment Thursday morning at 7:30am. Hopefully all is well and we’ll be able to schedule our ultrasound appointment to determine the sex. I’ll post something Friday to update everyone on how the appointment went.
  • I’ve given a lot of thought to where the baby’s birth will rank on my top five greatest moments of my life. Here is the current list:
    #5 – May 15, 2004, highlight – became a homeowner
    #4 – February 6, 2005, highlight – Eagles played in the SuperBowl (lost)
    #3 – May 12, 1995, highlight – lost my virginity
    #2 – May 2, 2004, highlight – Katie agreed to marry me
    #1 – May 13, 2005 highlight – Katie actually showed up for the wedding
    I’m currently thinking it will be either #1 or #1A along side marrying Kate. We’ll see how well this marriage thing goes. These are always subject to change.
    NOTE: Also receiving votes for the top five were; June 8th , 2001, highlight – First date w/ Kate; and April 16th , 1995, highlight – got driver’s license (oh the freedom)
  • I tried my best the past few days to try to get a feel for what it’s going to be like with a baby next Christmas and I was unsuccessful. I would stop at various times during the holiday and ask myself “what will I be doing differently at this moment next year?” It was hard to say. Especially when during Christmas day the youngest person at my mom’s house or Kate’s parent’s house was my 11 year old cousin Lauren. I did get a glimpse on Christmas Eve at my grandparent’s house with 3 kids 2 years old or younger. Yikes!

3 Comments:

It took less than a month after you got your license to lose your virginity. Chicks dig guys who can drive.
Tim, I've been preaching this fact to my little brother who just turned 16.
I believe that Kate's top 5 events would include the day she came home to find that you'd gotten her a 2nd dog against her wishes. Oh, wait, she was pissed about that.

Add a comment