
Monday, December 05, 2005
Beer and Christmas Cheer
Here are more thoughts about nothing:
- I get so damn excited around the holidays. There is just so much to look forward to in the coming weeks. Family, food, and presents are what awaits.
- Kate goes food shopping five times a week and there's never anything good to eat in the house. I think the man of the house needs to go food shopping at least once a month. That way there is always an endless supply of chicken wings, smokey BBQ potato chips, and marshmellow fluff.
- I question my wife's sanity when she gets home from work and walks right past me and starts talking to our one dog. And she says stuff to the dog like "how was your day little angel girl? please tell me all about it" and "I missed soooooo much today!" Am I that unimportant to her where the dog takes precedence? Am I that boring that she opts to try to hold conversations with our dog instead of me? Hmmm, I guess I should have addressed these issues before had kids.
- If Kate buys one more little, inconspicuous, stupid christmas decoration I'm going to lose my freakin' mind. I have logged at least 7 entires into our checkbook in the past two weeks from stores like "Michaels" and "Joanns". They next ream of red fabric that comes into my house will be lit on fire along with Kate's checkcard.
- I recently felt a renewed sense that we might not be the only set of our friends that might be expecting soon. I did the math and there are just too many couples for none of them to get pregnant in the next few months. Heck, for all I know one (or two) already are.
- I need to start drinking more. It seems like I just haven't been myself the past few months. If I'm going to be someone's dad I need to perfect the "sitting on the couch while drinking a beer and doing nothing" technique that all TV dads have. If I work hard maybe someday I can be the next Homer Simpson. You gotta have goals!
Big Poppa, 1:59 PM
If not Homer Simpson, Al Bundy. Now there's a role model for fatherhood.