Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2005

Belly Envy and other Dumb Thoughts

Here are some thoughts from a busy weekend:

  • We were at a party Saturday night and everyone would rub Kate’s belly because she’s starting to show. I love belly rubs! Why can’t people rub my belly too? It’s growing as fast as Kate’s. And aren’t WE pregnant, not just Kate?
  • I didn’t have more than 20 minutes to sit around and do nothing all weekend. Between parties, working at my mom’s, watching the Eagles (I consider this labor these days), and work Sunday night, I was always doing something. All of this should make this holiday weekend all the more enjoyable.
  • I received a phone call this morning from an excited Kate because she found maternity pants she really likes. I think it might actually be okay for me to be in the same room with her while she gets dressed in the morning now.
  • If there are any women out there who have been pregnant and are willing to corroborate Kate’s claim that her belly is significantly larger at night versus in the morning please respond to this post. If no one responds I’ll just keep assuming Kate’s delusional.
  • I wonder if the baby can hear what is going on around him/her? I probably need to know because I use bad words much more than I thought I did. One could argue the f-word flows out of my mouth as often as wine flows through Tinapopo’s liver.
  • Kate actually made me extremely sad Saturday. I had just got home from my mom’s and she looked like she was on the verge of crying. A semi teary eyed Kate stuttered out “I wish other people were pregnant too. It would make it so much more enjoyable.” In light of this heart breaking moment I am offering for both Karen and Kristen to move in with us for the duration of their pregnancies. Let me know if you can.
  • There is a guy at work who sits in the cube across from me whose wife is due any day now with their first child. I see the excitement in his eyes and it makes me even more excited. Actually he’s not in today which means she may have had the baby this past weekend. What an awesome Christmas gift!
  • Not that many of my male friends actually read this, but I’m hoping to get together with all of them Friday somewhere for booze and good times. And lucky for me I’m drinking for three.

2 Comments:

-Based on the length of time it takes my wife to get dressed in the morning, I'd say she thinks her belly is bigger in the morning.

-My wife had lunch with friends yesterday and one friend got mad at the other because they planned on getting pregnant together and now the one doesn't want to anymore. I never knew pregnancy was a team sport.
Oh, that makes me really sad for Kate. :(

Add a comment