Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Good times ahead?

With the destruction and construction of the bathroom all but complete I feel like I can finally relax for a little bit. It seems like we have a lot of good days ahead in the coming month. We’re having a bunch of Kate’s friends over for dinner Friday and we have a Christmas cocktail party to go to on the 17th. And then the following weekend we have the start of the holiday festivities. I’m glad because I can use the R & R. It looks like I’ll be able to take it easy in January too. Come February it looks like I’ll be back to work. This time I’ll be working on the dreaded kitchen. Once that is done it should be smooth sailing to the birth of BBH in June. Here are some more thoughts from the past few days:

  • I was nervous about what the pregnancy would do to Kate’s daily energy but as it turns out she’s still just as tired as she was before we got pregnant.
  • For the second time in a month my dog (a Great Dane named Tyson) went into the trash and eat chicken bones. The first time he did it he eat an entire chicken carcass and somehow didn’t throw up. Tuesday morning he eat the bones from the 20 chicken wings I eat before the Eagles game Monday night. This time however he puked all over the front bedroom. He’s smart enough to wait for me to leave, open the cabinet to the trash, and carefully remove the trash from the cabinet but he’s not smart enough to not eat the chicken bones. I don’t get it.
  • I was so busy at work Sunday that I dreamed about the stress that night. I remember in my dream thinking “oh $hit, we never made that order and it was placed an hour ago.” Anyone whose waited tables and been extremely busy knows what I’m talking about.
  • There are times when I really dislike my dogs for misbehaving and it makes me wonder if I’m going to have these same feelings about my kids when they misbehave. For the record I know dogs aren’t the same as kids. I’m not one of those people.

0 Comments:

Add a comment