Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

ME thoughts – Holiday Edition

It’s been a while since thoughts were added so I have quite a few from the past week. Here they are in no particular order.

  • I will never be able to understand how Kate and her mom can spend hours and hours Christmas shopping. Especially considering how they shop. They’ll spend 20 minutes agonizing and going back and forth on whether to buy even the smallest most inconsequential gifts. And they eventually conclude to get they gift on the pretense they can always return it. Kate’s crazy mom will fill up her cart just to walk back around the store and put half of it back. Unfortunately Kate doesn’t think this is weird because it’s all she has ever seen her whole life.
  • I couldn’t be more relieved that the bathroom is done. I was so tired of having to endure the inconvenience of not having a fully functional bathroom. You don’t know how important they are until you go a couple weeks without one. It’s also neat to look at the completed bathroom and think that’s were my little kids are going to learn how to go potty and how to splash water out of a tub all over the walls to their parents disapproval.
  • The baby name discussion (war) has really died down lately. Hopefully it stays this way through the holidays. Because next month we’ll find out what we’re having and when we know the real battle will begin. Look for either Sophia Marie Marseglia if it’s a girl or Lucas Knight Marseglia if it’s a boy.
  • I wish my wife made the same effort to spend time with me as she does with her mom. I’m growing tired of playing second fiddle. Hopefully when the baby is born Kate won't ask me to move into her parents house so her mom can move into ours and completely replace me.
  • I have my marketing final Thursday night and I can’t wait for it to be over. I really think the holiday season will begin for me after that burden is lifted off my shoulders.
  • I’ve been so damn busy for the past month and a half I’m starting to really miss a lot of my friends I haven’t seen a lot of lately. They know who they are (not you Nick). Hopefully a card game or a bar gathering will break out in the next few weeks.
  • After tearing my mom’s kitchen out over two months ago we almost have it all back together. The flooring goes in today and the countertops go in tomorrow. I can’t wait to start getting phone calls from my mom that don’t include questions like: Can you be here all day Saturday and Sunday to install the cabinets? OR Can you come over after work and help the electrician get everything done?
  • I still struggle with the thought that we’ll have a 6 month old during next Christmas. Oh, I know everyone’s tired of hearing it but I can hardly wait.
  • I am already getting that nervous excited feeling in my stomach about finding out what we’re having. It like that overtime playoff hockey feeling.
  • All my life I’ve been going to my mom-mom and pop-pop’s for Christmas Eve to enjoy the feast of the year. The seven fishes of the sea. Headlined on the menu by the delicious lobster tails. However the stark realization hit me the other day that it will probably be my last great feast. For as exciting as it is for me to start new traditions with my family it’s just as sad as the old traditions are unable to continue. Damn Mike!
  • I really think my brothers are going to be good uncle’s right from the start. And I hope my sister has the patience to be in the same room as my kids for more than 5 minutes. And I guess I just hope Kate’s brother can remember all of our kid’s names someday.
  • I’m considering taking Kate for a cat scan since it’s been a while since she’s had an actual thought.

0 Comments:

Add a comment