
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Things Starting to Take Shape
Here is an idea of the weird things I go through and think about:
- For as strange as it was for Kate to run into the spare bedroom while I was on the computer to show me her belly at different stages (sucking it in, sort of sucking it in, and letting it all hang out) yesterday, I mildly enjoyed it. It showed me that she is finally genuinely excited about the baby.
- Last night we argued about how to arrange the living room in preparation for getting our Christmas tree next week. We never really argue about anything. And I guess as far arguing goes last night wasn't really even anargumentt. Sometimes I think I use the term "yes dear" too much. Once the baby is born I'm not using it nearly as much as I do now. Damn pregnancy!
- I have thrown in the towel on the idea that one of our friends that lives nearby (Kristin, I love you but you and Eddie don't count because you live over 45 minutes away. And I am looking forward to the summers on the beach with the kids) will be getting pregnant anytime soon. A certain TinaPoPo hasn't been able to crack the rock that her husband has become and nobody else seems primed to get started.
- Being that the baby is due in June I have already thought about when to start the baby in school. I'm thinking if it's a girl its fine that she is the "young" person in her grade and if it's a boy I think it's better if he is the older guy in the grade. I know this is stupid to be thinking about now so forget I mentioned it.
- Somehow my excitement builds greater and greater everyday. When we found out I thought I couldn't get any more excited than I was at that moment. I was foolishly wrong.
Big Poppa, 11:22 AM
What about those grenade comments? Remember? I pulled out the uzi! He just seems to be wearing an indestructible kevlar vest.
Enough with the ammo metaphors. I don't even understand what I'm talking about anymore.
My wife is due 10 days before yours and we live in the philly area. We're not friends, but I'm friends with Tinapopo. Well, not really, just her blog. Does that count?
I enjoy all your baby blogs. I have the exact same feelings as you.
Tim, I just told Marc about you and Titso like ten minutes ago. I said we were blog friends.