Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And Then There Were Seven

It seems like it’s been a week since we set our appointment for the ultrasound that should be able to identify the baby’s sex. But it’s been 20 days! That’s right! We’re a week away from finding out life long information. The type of information that will determine whether I’m sleeping through dance recitals or hollering through tee ball games in the coming years. So here are my thought’s heading into the last week of my life that I won’t know what my first child is.
  • In an attempt to make the pregnancy seem to be moving faster than it is I have broken it down into events. When we found out we were pregnant I told myself we had to first get past Halloween, than Thanksgiving, than Christmas, and so on. Well yesterday marked another one of those events. It was my 27th birthday (old fart). After crossing that annual event off my mental list next up is Kate’s birthday on February 2nd. After that is Easter then our wedding anniversary. After that we’ll be only a month away from the expected due date. See it works. It makes you feel like the baby will be here in no time.
  • I’m getting belly pictures of Kate soon for the blog whether she wants them or not. She’s getting so damn big everyone needs to see it. (Note to Kate: You’re beautiful right now. I meant that just your belly is “getting so damn big”)
  • Rainy days are sad. It was windy and raining when I walked into work this morning. As is was fighting my umbrella I started thinking about our journey that will begin with the arrival of our first child and I think the rain and wind actually subsided a little bit. Maybe being happy and having happy thoughts does make the day brighter and better.
  • As of today no other friends are pregnant. We have 4 sets of friends who live close to us who are married (A & C, A & B, B & B, and J & B) and none seem to be joining us. I guess we’ll have to wait until the summer down the shore with Kristen, Eddie, and Cameron to have others with baby fever.
  • I am also aware of what next Wednesday means in regard to the name selection battle royal. I really think something can be quickly ironed out if it’s a boy. But if it’s a girl I’m hiring a voice therapist to help me train to be able to yell louder than Kate.

In case I fail to post thoughts again by next Wednesday be assured that I’ll update the blog’s main page between 10:30am and 11am with the findings from the ultrasound.

6 Comments:

Your mentioning of holidays made me think of something. What is your due date? It looks like you are 3 weeks after us. And if Kate's a few days late like they say most first time mothers are, you might have the baby on Fathers Day.
June 12th is the due date. Six days before Fathers Day. I just hope she goes before fathers day so I can get my first fathers day present. If she actually goes on Fathers day I get the greatest fathers day gift ever.
I've been sitting here trying to figure out who the couples are and I'm confused by Amp. Who's Amp? They seem to be with someone else, and yet also married to themselves. Please to explain.
Wait, Tim, is Kym due on mother's day?
remove "amp;amp;" and you should be fine. I have no idea how that got there or what it is. It wasn't there when I published.
tpp - no, Kym's due a week after mothers day.

Add a comment