
Friday, January 13, 2006
Baby Books and a Name Change?
Time seems to slow down when you’re as anxious as I am to find out the sex of the baby. But not this week! It has flown by. And with a three day weekend littered with work at my second job the weekend should fly by too. By the time I return to work next week we’ll be a mere 8 days away from knowing if I need to buy a doll, a baseball glove, or if I need to wait another 4 ½ months to find out the sex of Baby Big Head. The downfall of a fast week is that my thoughts were few and far between. So here is an abbreviated version of my thoughts.
- There are pretty much no more outfits that can hide Kate’s belly. And I think it’s great! I love looking at her and seeing the bump. She probably doesn’t feel the same way but I guess we’ll never know since she never posts her thoughts.
- Last night Kate abandoned me for dinner with some old friends. So I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and buy some books to start reading to the belly. I made two glorious purchases. Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham. I loved these books growing up and if I’m going to be reading to my little bastards before they go to bed it’s going to be something I like. I’m going to start reading to the belly because I read that if you read books to the baby while he/she is still in the comforts of the womb that when the kid is two or three those same books will help them feel safe and comfortable in their own rooms before they go to bed.
- At this moment in 12 days there’s a good chance we’ll know what we’re having!
- I recently suggested the name Magnolia (Maggie) Elizabeth for a girl. Kate, as usual, nearly squirted venom out of her mouth. Whenever I come up with a new name Kate gives one of two reactions. She either says “It’s alright” or “I HATE IT! That’s the worst name I’ve ever heard!” She has never said “oh, I like that” or “that’s an option” or “okay, we can consider it”. Anything she suggests I’m always open to seeing if it grows on me or not. Surprisingly, Madelyn Elizabeth, her current favorite, came from me and when I suggested it I got the “It’s alright”. Four days later the name Claire was forgotten and Madelyn was the new flavor of the month.
- Yesterday Kate hit the four month mark of her pregnancy. And today we hit the 8 month mark of our marriage. It’s almost not believable that she’s been pregnant for half of our marriage.
- Kate and I decided to ask our mother’s if they want to be in the room during the ultrasound and they both gave resounding yes’. I’m happy for both of them. Hopefully the karma they bring from having produced 5 boys out of a combined 7 children will help my cause.
- And finally I think we should change the name of the blog if we’re able to find out the sex. Plus the baby’s melon isn’t as oversized compared to the body as it was during the first trimester. So Baby Big Head doesn’t really apply anymore. If anyone has any ideas please post them here. All entries will be considered. It doesn’t have to incorporate “The Adventures of” either. It could be anything from “Baby Motor Mouth’s Journey to the Light” if it’s a girl or “The Chronicles of Junior Tall Man” if it’s a boy. Something that’s more endearing than Big Head.
Big Poppa, 10:10 AM
Marc, I bought you guys a book for the baby the other day. It's the best baby book ever.