Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dead Man Walking!

So we know! It’s girl. The close up images of the baby’s private areas provided 100% assurance it will definitely be a girl. I sort of shocked myself yesterday. As we stood there in the room (Kate was laying down) while the technician did her thing I was completely and utterly calm. I didn’t even really have butterflies. The tech said, “You want to know right?” We said yes and like that she said “It’s a girl!” I wasn’t remotely upset. How could I be? I’m standing there looking at my first child via ultrasound and everything looks good and healthy. Plus little girls are so damn cute. It’s when they hit 13 when the wheels come off. So I’m not in any real danger until than. Below are some recent thought’s from a guy who’ll now have to spend 50-75k on a wedding someday.
  • When I logged onto the baby’s new girly blog I nearly fell out of my chair. I know that the baby is a girl and I know Christina is a little nuts, but I was still shocked. Needless to say I warmed up to it immediately and now I like more that the old gender neutral blog.
  • My main goal with this baby girl is to make sure she knows that she is loved by her father. She will receive many hugs and kisses. She will be Daddy’s little girl. I can’t wait to meet my little munchkin. I have a sneaky suspicion that I will end up under some kind of magical spell and my daughter will rule me. I’ll probably age faster now.
  • Even though I preferred a boy, having a girl first will probably be to our benefit. She will be much better with younger siblings than a boy would have. I’m basing this on my experiences with families who have a girl first versus families who have a boy first. She’ll be almost like the leader. One who, if she’s like Kate was when she was little, will boss the other siblings around and keep them in line.
  • Kate and I are at a stalemate in the name department. If the baby would have been a boy I was ready and willing to sign off on Lucas Stephen Marseglia. The discussion would have been over because that’s the name she wanted. But with it being a girl I still prefer Sophia and Kate still prefers Madelyn. And neither one of us are budging. It’s looking more and more like we’re going to end up throwing both of those names out so we can move on and find different names. I still really like Magnolia Marie Marseglia. And call her Maggie. Kate hates it. Magnolia is more of a southern name which I think is why Kate can’t seem to warm up to it. As usual we’re accepting name suggestions.
  • I really hope these next four months fly by. If they do that means I’m a father and the summer has arrived. Seashore here we come! All three of us!

4 Comments:

You better get used to pink, Marc. When do we get to paint the blue room?

I'm not big on Magnolia. It sounds kind of, uh, Trenton, if you know what I mean.

Isn't Jaret's daughter named Madelyn? And the Zizzo's have a Madelyn.
damn, now I want to know what mine is.
Jarret's daughter's name is Madison. Which is obviously very close to Madelyn. The fact that we already know one person who named there child that is another reason I want Sophia. I don't know any Sophia's except my great grandmother. Who I never met and has obviously been dead for years.
Tim, just find out. It's great. It's like splitting one great day into two great days. You can't go wrong. And it's going to be a surprise if you find out tomorrow or if you find out in May.
we've got no more ultrasounds, so we can't find out now.

Add a comment