Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tick Tock Tick Tock

It’s been six days now since we found out we’re having a girl and all is well. We’ve received some cute little outfits for the baby and I am ready for the baby’s arrival. One problem, the baby won’t be here for another 4 plus months. Hopefully time will pass quickly. It really should considering I have my work cut out for me with the kitchen project. Below are some thoughts from the days following the ultrasound that forever changed my life.

  • Kate somehow looks better and better everyday. Although she wouldn’t agree with me there’s something about her that keeps getting better. While she complains about how “fat” she’s getting I can’t help but think she full of $%#@. It’s almost like she is fishing for compliments. I say nice things all the time so I don’t know why she would do this.
  • In an update of the War of the Marseglia’s, Kate and I have decided to throw out both Sophia (my favorite) and Madelyn (Kate’s favorite) from name contention. We were at a stalemate and it was really our only option. We have finally come up with a name that we both like, Grace Elizabeth Marseglia. We haven’t agreed yet but that is the favorite. We’re currently going with the idea to not commit completely to a name yet. Kate needs to almost try it out before agreeing. Since the name Claire came and went as her favorite so quickly I think she’s afraid to commit right after finding a name.
  • Bella wakes us up every morning at around 6am. Kate takes her out back and she does her business. This is probably somewhat good for when the baby arrives. Once the baby starts sleeping through the night she’ll probably be getting up around 6. Kate needs the training. Not exactly the morning person my wife.
  • Kate’s cousin Franny is mildly upset that we’re now considering the name Grace. He apparently has laid claim to that name for years now. He’s a Cubs fan and his all time favorite player is a guy named Mark Grace. Here’s the thing, he’s not even married let alone expecting a child. And when he does get married there’s no guarantee he A) has a daughter, or B) has a wife who likes the name Grace. And what’s the big deal if his cousin and he name their first daughters the same thing. He lives in Atlanta. Heck I was named after my mom’s favorite cousin. Hopefully he realizes this isn’t an issue should we name our baby Grace.
  • The baby has really changed our lives and she is not even here yet. We talk about so many things on a daily basis regarding the arrival of the baby. How we’re going to do certain things differently once the baby is here, how we’re going to make our shore trips with the baby in tow, etc. Of course once the baby arrives all bets are off. Everything we say now can be completely thrown out the window. How exciting!

0 Comments:

Add a comment