
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Another Girl and Nasty Smells
I want to start this post off by congratulating Kate’s cousin Karen and her husband Brett on finding out that they too are having a baby girl. It will be their third child and their second girl. Karen is due around three weeks after we are.
I’ve been working like crazy for the past few weeks so there haven’t been many thoughts running through my head other then “I’m tired” and “I wonder how the hell I’m going to do this”. But here are those few actual baby related thoughts.
- The other night we were lying in bed and Kate started burping. It was thee most disgusting, rancid smell that has ever crossed this nose. It was “dry heaving” bad! I begged her to stop but she said she “couldn’t” and “that her belly hurt”. She wouldn’t even be done her thunderous belch and it would already be under my nose. NASTY!
- Tuesday morning I was in our closet getting dressed and I noticed a small row of baby outfits hanging by my wife’s clothes. Pink, red, purple. What I’m about to say will be as girly as I’m going to get on this blog. Seeing those outfits lined up on hangers was too damn cute for words. I went and got the camera and took a picture. I’m already turning into a woman. Not good!
- I recently found out I’m not completely ready to be a parent. Maturity wise that is. Saturday night my brother Shaun and I went to our friend Jay’s house to watch the NBA slam dunk contest. Jay has a 5 year old step daughter named Libby. It was time for her to go to bed so Jay’s wife told her to pick out two movies she might want to watch. One of the movies was one of those Olsen twin teen movies. Well, Libby comes over to me to show me the movie jacket and I my reaction, “mmm, yummy”. Everyone was sufficiently amused but it made me think perhaps I need to clean up on the stupid comments. Or maybe just start thinking before I actually open my big mouth.
Big Poppa, 9:58 AM
Yikes! Nothing worse than those nasty burps!!!
I'm sure Kate truly appreciates your candor regarding her burps.