Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I need to keep my big mouth shut!

Last weeks post included a comment that I was extremely pleased with how the name discussions had died down considerably. Well apparently Kate reads my thoughts because there I was Sunday morning at 7am reading through the name book for the umpteenth searching for closure. Needless to say no progress was made. So here are some new semi-censored thoughts from the past 7 days.
  • Kate took not one, but TWO naps on Sunday. The first one was from around 8 am until 10 and the second one was on the couch from like 1 to 3. Amazing!
  • The kitchen project is coming along very nicely. After the kitchen is done we have the nursery Kate has been planning for me to do and now she wants the laundry room re-done. I think Kate is trying to kill me before the baby is born. Maybe she thinks I’m going to be a bad parent.
  • I felt the baby move for the first time this week. We were lying in bed and she was moving around so I held my hand on Kate’s belly and within a minute I could feel her moving around in there. It was rather exciting!
  • I find that this part of the pregnancy isn’t all too exciting overall. We know what the sex is, we know roughly when she’ll arrive, and all seems to be going smoothly. All we really have left to do is get the house ready and wait for her arrival. At least we’re busy so the weeks seem to be moving along quickly.
  • Our friends Andrew and Christina just signed an agreement of sale to purchase their first home. They close at the end of March. I expect Christina to announce her first pregnancy any day now. Andrew is completely and utterly out of excuses or options.
  • We’re accumulating a decent amount of clothing already for the baby. By the time she arrives we’re going to have to change her twice a day so she can wear everything before she grows out of it.

2 Comments:

I agree that this part of the pregnancy is somewhat boring. We're more than halfway there and it's starting to drag (for me at least). I just want it to be here. I think I'm procrastinating on putting the baby's room together because it will be just one more reminder that we still have another 14 weeks to go.
Seriously, the guy is OUT. OF. EXCUSES.

And I took two naps on Sunday, too. Only without the fetus.

Add a comment