I want to start off by apologizing for taking over two weeks between posts. It’s completely irresponsible and no parent to be should be that absent minded about what they need to do. Except my wife who doesn’t care. Anyway that’s not important. The past few weeks I have had quite a bit going on with work and the house. I actually didn’t go onto the website for almost a week. So this Monday when I went on and saw that we were 29 weeks pregnant it caught me off guard. And I proceeded to get those butterfly feelings in belly (gut) as if I was nervous. And it turns out that I am a little nervous. The baby’s arrival is now less than 2 ½ months away. Think about that! That’s nothing! All my whining about how long it’s been taking and now it’s right around the corner and I’m border line nervous. I’m sure the nerves thing will pass as it gets closer. Right?
The past two weeks have produced few thoughts and none with much substance. Here they are, enjoy!
- Monday’s revelation that the baby will be here soon has caused me some anxiety about getting this baby named. Currently we are kicking around Grace Elizabeth, Sophia Marie, Madelyn Elizabeth, and Christina Marie. I also like the names Caroline Elizabeth and Pilar Elizabeth. If it was a boy I was ready to go to the mattresses for the name Maximus Knight Marseglia. So Kate better be happy it’s a girl. Hopefully at some point Kate will decide she’s not a control freak and she’ll just let me name our daughter.
- I really feel good about our chances of having everything done with the house well before the baby gets here. Right now we’re probably about a week or two away from having the kitchen complete. After that I’m probably looking at another week or two for the laundry room. This will leave over a month for the nursery. And the nursery really shouldn’t take more than two weeks. Yeah it might be cutting it close but who cares. It’ll definitely get done.
- I have been lucky enough to feel the baby move around inside Kate and it’s amazing. Kate said she is constantly moving around inside of her. Kate had an appointment on Wednesday and the doctor said she is a very active baby. When the doc was trying to listen to the heartbeat the baby would move and she would have to start all over again. The doctor said Kate’s tests are great and everything overall looks great. Kate weighed in at a robust 1_ _ lbs. Well within the healthy and normal range for someone as far along as she is.
Well, I can't lie. Christina is a lovely name.