I am extremely relieved that the end of our kitchen project is in sight. Kate should be calling today to set-up the appointment to have the flooring installed because the actually flooring has arrived. But this isn’t a blog about our house it’s a blog about the newest addition to our family. So here are some thoughts from the past week and a half.
- Kate is already complaining about being uncomfortable. This isn’t good considering she’s a mere 2/3 of the way through the pregnancy process. At the rate she is going she’ll be complaining 27 out of 24 hours a day in the final weeks.
- Hitting the third trimester has given me a renewed sense of eventual finality. Just a month ago it felt like it was taking forever and that the baby would never arrive. But now that we’re less than three months from the due date I’m starting to think that she’s going to be here in no time. It also gives me a better idea of how I can map out what else needs to get done before the arrival. Finish kitchen, finish laundry room, redo spare bedroom for nursery. Piece of cake!
- I’m starting to get past my own excitement and now starting to get excited for other people that we have this baby on the way. My older brother seems to be genuinely excited for the baby’s arrival. He always brings it up when we hang out. And Kate’s mom seems to want to start shaking she gets so excited when we talk baby. And I haven’t seen my mom this excited and happy since she “asked me” to move out when I was 19. Good times for all.
- Whenever I see small children, especially girls, I can’t help but try to picture what mine is going to look like. Is she going to be chubby with close facial features like Kate or utterly adorable like I was? Only time will tell.
- Kate still looks really good. As evidence by the most recent belly picture on the main page. But yesterday she called herself “a lard ass”. I’m really starting to think that Kate thinks everyone is supposed to look like Heidi Klum when she was pregnant. And since Kate doesn’t think she looks like a pregnant Heidi Klum she has convinced herself that she’s a physical mess. At some point I’m going to stop saying nice things because she doesn’t believe me anyway.
- Kate has few jobs to handle in regard to our kitchen project. Basically she needs to pick out colors and styles, set-up appointments for things to get done, etc. However she still manages to forget things. Mainly EVERYTHING! And she claims that it’s because she is pregnant. Yesterday, her sole purpose was to call and set-up the countertop guys to come out and build the template. I called her around noon and she said, “I forgot to bring the number to work”. She tried to push it off until today but I insisted she just call Lowe’s and request the number to the installer. Well, today rolls around and her job was to call the flooring guy who called us yesterday to set up a time to install the floor. I just got off the phone with her and what do you know! Absent minded prego girl forgot again. She’s becoming a liable. I fired her three times in the past week but she keeps showing back up at the house.