
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Waiting is the Hardest Thing To Do
Here we are mere days away from entering the third trimester and I’m bored out of my mind. Not bored from a lack of things to do but bored in the sense of waiting for the baby to show her pretty little face. Don’t get me wrong I don’t actually want her to arrive now. I more wish Kate was getting to the end of the third trimester instead of the beginning. Tim, you’re a few weeks ahead of me, does it start to get any less boring anytime soon? Anyway here are some thoughts from the past week:
- This first one isn’t a thought as much as it is a comment about what Kate’s reaction is going to be from the post right below this one. Here’s what she’s going to say, “I don’t care what you want! If the first two babies are girls we’re still having at least one more!” This topic will be yet another stalemate in our attempt to make major decision (i.e. the baby’s name decision)
- I have officially started to refuse to wake Kate up when she falls asleep on the couch at night. I just go about my business getting ready for bed and climb under the sheets and fall asleep in peace. No more whining about not being comfortable or that I’m taking up too much of her side of the bed. It’s wonderful! Enjoy the couch Kate.
- With Kate being almost six months pregnant I have officially given up the dream of having one of our friends who live nearby have a kid who is the same age (i.e. same scholastic grade) as our baby girl. And to punish these no humping so called friends I will be leaving treats in your toilet tanks the next time I’m over you house. Note: the previous sentence may or may not have been inappropriate. I just don’t know.
- Kate and I are looking at a house Friday. It’s much bigger then our current house and it’s somewhere we could have 2-3 kids in. We also hope to look at another house that has six bedrooms and would allow us to have a whole volleyball team full of kids in. Of course this all depends on the second baby being a boy. Jay, the 6 bedroom house is a fixer upper on Scarlet Oak Rd. A mere nine iron from your parent’s house.
- As this final trimester begins I’m trying to be more of an adult. I’m trying to slowly change my ways. I need to look more like a real dad. In the past I would shave twice a week and that was it. Now I’m trying to shave every other day and I hope to be shaving everyday by the time my daughter gets here. I also am trying to be better at the cussing issue. That’s a work in progress. And most importantly I’m trying to get better at my manners. It’s been hard but I’m trying to eliminate the occasional nose picking, farting, and scratching of the private parts. I’m also trying to better incorporate thank you’s and please’s in my everyday vernacular. We’ll see how it goes as we get closer to the arrival.
In closing I just want to thank everyone (I just farted) for reading my posts and I hope (oh, that itches, ahh that’s better) you all have a great day.
Big Poppa, 12:40 PM
You have to buy that house (not the one by Jay's parents, the one by me). Seriously. YOU HAVE TO.
No, things don't get any more exciting. I guess it's somewhat fun finally starting to put the baby's room together and I think when she has a shower and we get presents it will be cool. It's also kind of neat how it seems that each passing day the kicks get stronger and stronger. Neat for me, not for Kim.