Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Almost Go Time!

With a mere 20 days left I am emotionally ready for the baby’s arrival. I am ready to be the baby’s daddy. I’m sure my burping, rocking, and diaper changing abilities will all return within days after the baby’s first appearance. As for being tangibly ready I think we’re 95% prepared. And we would be fine if the baby arrived tomorrow. Some of the things I think will still need to stock up on are more for us then for the baby. We need more coffee, creamer, sugar, and whatever else will help keep us adequately awake to perform our parental functions. I also need to hook up electric to the baby’s room. But I’ll do that Wednesday night. So with that done and nothing to do but wait, Kate and I will be leaving for the shore Friday and returning Monday evening. I hope to accomplish three things this weekend: (1) eat burritos from Surf Taco in Seaside Park; (2) go fishing on Sunday and Monday; and (3) sleep the remaining hours of the day. I’ve personally had this weekend circled on my calendar for a few months. But enough with my dreams of R & R, onto stupid thoughts from the past week:
  • I decided today that I need to set-up some sort of chain system to notify everyone when Kate goes into labor. I was thinking about creating seven lists and when the time came I would just call the first person on each list and they would handle it from there. It would greatly eliminate me having to call everyone in the world. I’ll probably also set-up an e-mail that would let a lot of other people know when we were heading to the hospital.
  • Tomorrow we have our weekly appointment for the baby. I can’t help but think the doctor is going to examine Kate and tell us to go right to the hospital because her water is starting to break or something. Wouldn’t that be exciting! Wait! That would ruin my grand plans for this upcoming weekend. I guess that would be alright.
  • Christina and Andrew have foolishly offered to dog sit our Great Dane Tyson this weekend while we’re down the shore. Little do they know we’re never picking him up after the weekend is over. Thanks guys!
  • I have finally installed the base to the infant car seat in my car. It was really strange. This morning when I went to put my briefcase into the back seat it was right there staring at me. I couldn’t help but think that in the next few weeks there is going to be a little baby girl snapped into it. Oh man!

1 Comments:

Tyson is welcome to stay at my house anytime! I love that big goofy dog.

Add a comment