Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another week in the trenches!

Progress on the house has been moving at a lightning pace the past week and a half. The baby’s room is 95% complete. The kitchen will be having the countertops installed this Friday. And the laundry room is about 65% complete. Yesterday I installed more cabinets in the laundry room. We currently have 5 cabinets hung in the laundry room. One is a floor to ceiling pantry. Before I’m all done there will be 7 total. Only three shy of what we have in the kitchen. So before all of this work we had 5 kitchen cabinets and 2 storage closets. After we’re done we will have replaced them with a whopping 17 cabinets. Needless to say it’s a huge upgrade in storage space for our little home. Our little girl will have plenty of places to hide when we play hide and seek someday. As butterflies of excitement start to flutter here are some thoughts from the past week:

  • I know we’re only six weeks away but with the weeks flying by like they have been it’s going to feel like two weeks when it’s all over. By the time this month is over the baby will considered full term. Oh how the time passes!
  • Kate’s starting to get uncomfortable, especially at bed time. There is NO cuddling anymore. I try to get close to her when I think she’s falling asleep and she yells, “Get away, you’re like a toaster”. Kind of like earlier on in the pregnancy when I was not allowed close to her. It sucks!
  • I think we’ve basically have come to an agreement on what the baby’s name is going to be. It looks like Grace Elizabeth Marseglia is going to outlast the other options. It’s the only one we both like and it’s been that way for nearly three months. I can live with it. I think we’re going to call her Gracie.
  • Kate had the baby shower this past weekend and we got so much baby stuff its ridiculous! The baby has enough clothing to wear a different outfit every day for the first couple months of her life! For those of you who attended, thanks.
  • I officially dislike our one dog more often then I like her. I know it sounds terrible but Bella wakes me up every morning by pawing at me. One of these days I’m going to launch her across the room and off the wall. If she plans on living at our house much longer she better start leaving me alone when I’m sleeping. Her needy ways aren’t going to work once the baby gets here. I heard that some dogs will get mad and jealous when you bring a baby home from the hospital. And they’ll start destroying furniture and relieving themselves in the house. If she starts to do this (and I think she might) I’ll be dropping her off behind the local Chinese restaurant.
  • Now that the baby’s room is nearly complete I'm dreading the inevitable draining of our bank accounts by Kate. She tends to over decorate and there is no reason to think that the baby’s room is going to be any different. Any day now I’ll start to see strange deductions from our bank account from places like Kohl’s, JoAnn Fabrics, and where ever else females aimlessly spend money for the items that supposedly make a house a home.

Addendem to 5/2 post: This final exerpt isn't a thought nor does it have anything to do with the baby but Kate asked that I include it in my post. It's something that happened to me the other day at work. Here's the story. It's "bring your brat to work day" and I'm sitting at my desk. Two girls somewhere between the ages of 9 and 11 walk up to my desk. The one girl points at me and says to the other, "look, I told you he has a huge head". And they walk away. Kate somehow thought this was hilarious and she wanted me to share it with everyone. Thanks for the moral support honey!

1 Comments:

Now that you mention it, you always have reminded me of a toaster.


Make me some bagels, please.

Add a comment