Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 08, 2006

Five Weeks Left!

With only five weeks left we are all but done the house and baby’s room. And the laundry room is also near completion. The estimated May 28th date of completion has been moved up nearly two weeks. Pictures should be available soon on the blog of all three of these rooms. Also coming soon is a belly shot of Kate taken yesterday. She’s huge and looks great! She‘s definitely getting into that stage where she’s uncomfortable. And if she’s on her feet too long she her ankles swell up a little. But overall she’s looking cute. Her are some thoughts from the past week:
  • Kate’s mom feels the need to announce her arrival anytime she stops by the house. And when I say “announce her arrival” I mean she hollers “Mi-mi’s here!” (Mi-mi is what she wants to be called by her grandkids) Maybe the fact that Bella is the only one who gets excited is proof enough that this announcement is not really necessary. Unless she’s carrying dinner or something. And then I’ll be running to her and pawing at her leg too.
  • Kate is finally starting to sleep at night with various pillows wedged into various spots around her. It’s weird when I try to cuddle with (after she’s asleep) only to find a pillow wedges under her belly and between her knees.
  • The baby is not even here yet and she officially has more clothing then I do. I think I’m going to register at Old Navy and hope people start buying me clothes. It’s like my existence is already forgotten.
  • The kitchen hasn’t been functional for a week yet and Kate has already moved almost everything around. Saturday night we had a couple friends over for a little BBQ and I could hardly find anything I needed to make the burgers. And then I get home last night from work to find out that everything I learned about our kitchen the night before was deemed useless because it’s all been moved. I may never be able to find the seasoning again.

0 Comments:

Add a comment