Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

End of Days

I know I labeled a previous post the same title but it again seems fitting. With a mere 11 days until the baby’s due date I am officially feeling the jitters that accompany her arrive. It’s more excited anticipation then it is nerves or fear. I can’t wait! This morning we had our weekly appointment and again all looks great. Mom and Baby girl are in perfect shape for the big day. So what am I thinking about leading up to the big day? Let’s take a look:
  • Kate’s officially huge! And so I don’t get in trouble when she reads this I need to clarify that when I say huge I mean her belly. The rest of her is still skinny (although her ankles tend to swell up towards the end of the day). She really looks incredible. I should also throw in there that she has actually lost some weight from last weeks doctor visit and this week. And of course the exact amounts are not to be made public because I don’t plan on sleeping on the couch for the next few weeks.
  • Last Friday I got a call from Kate at around 2:45pm telling me she was heading to the Hospital. Yeah that’s right, the hospital. The place where people give birth. After recovering quickly enough to ask why she was already telling me it was only to look at her swollen ankle. Which was determined to be fine and we spent Friday through Monday down the shore relaxing.
  • On Friday when I got to the Hospital I walked into the delivery room where they had Kate and to my surprise she was hooked up to all types of machines and was lying on the delivery table in a gown. I almost fell over. But again Kate quickly calmed my concerns and my knees regained stability.
  • The baby’s room is basically done. It has been cleaned to the point where the boy in the bubble would feel free of any disease or allergens. Now all it needs is some electricity and it will be good to go.

0 Comments:

Add a comment